23 January, 2013

Success

Well I had a great weekend visiting Amy and Brendan! I don't know why I can plan trips better but these short notice ones are just as much fun.

It was sad that the Pats lost as Brendan now does not get to attend the Super Bowl, and also the city was not in the partying mood that I was. Amy and I did manage a pretty long pub crawl along the freedom trail during and after the game. It was sad to watch all the excited fans slowly realize that their beloved team was not going to win. Most of the bars were empty by the time the game finished but we kept the bartenders company, hahaha.

Then on Monday Amy had to travel out of the state for work and Brendan had to work so I drove around and checked out the city by myself. It was really nice and I had never thought about living in the north east but maybe that will be something that I consider one day.

As I look out of the window here at 38,000' I am reminded how small this world has become. Even though we all live thousands of miles apart we can be together in a matter of hours. Life is unfortunately way to short and precious to wait and see and that is why I feel so lucky to be able to jump on a plane and see family and friends. Now I just need to save up a little leave so I can do this again and see everyone else :)

Aloha!


No comments: