22 October, 2012

Life in the USAF

So as I sit here at 7:30pm and write this I am with 2 Lt Cols that both have a wife and children at home and for once I am glad that I live alone. I would feel so horrible to be kept away from family and dinner with my kids to sit here at work and try to create a power point slide full of acronyms and made up numbers only to convince someone to do something that we all know is not going to happen. I almost had hope that this work was for a good reason but even my boss says that this is all for not, but we need to do it. I am just fading away and realizing how this organization is full of people who have and do give everything for it and for once I am 150% positive this place is not for me. I am sorry that I don't care enough about power point and briefings and making sure that I look good to the boss above me. I do love my country and would go into harms way without hesitation (again) but to stay at work and miss dinner every night and not see kids grow up, I feel that sacrifice is too great. Again not that I have a family but I would like to one day and I don't see this as a viable option anymore. I do feel great venting and knowing what I want gives me drive to go and get it!

Happy Monday

No comments: