10 September, 2012

My surreal flight with the Candy Bomber

Ok days like this do not happen often, but when they do they are special. Today I was invited to go for a flight on a C-54 (the old WWII cargo plane that was famous for the Berlin airlift) and not only was it a rare change to fly on a piece of history but you will never guess who the co pilot was... Col. Gail Halvorsen, the man who is more commonly know as the Candy Bomber! Yes I was at awe as I sat in the jump seat between Tim Chopp and Col Halvorsen as we flew from Little Rock AFB to North Little Rock airport. It will be something that I never forget. I'll have to spend more time sharing this story but I wanted to get a picture out of the flight for now so that there is something to look at as I call everyone and tell them the incredible story how I got to fly with Uncle Wiggly Wings himself.




No comments: