21 July, 2012

Time to see Maile!

Ok so this is my second attempt at this (really a lot more but I am not trying to remind myself...) and if it doesn't work I will give up on using all this new fangled technology.

So yesterday my adventure began to come to Alaska and see my new niece. It was a lot more of an adventure then I had barged for but none the less it has been an adventure! So I made it to the airport with the help of friends a and even managed to get on the flight with minimal delays. Then as we landed in Dallas I was reminded of a certain hail storm that I got to experience and even receive a check for as the jeep did not fair so well. In any case the thunderstorm was so bad we could not taxi in to parks so instead we sat on an empty ramp and watched the 56kt winds and rain throw luggage carts everywhere, yes we were really lucky they didn't hit our plane. We were also lucky that the lighting didn't hit our plane either as this was the closest I have ever been to lighting striking the ground. I fact here is a shot of the weather.




So when we finally did get to the gate everything had already been delayed and that gave me time to get a quick bite before my flight out of there. So who do you think I would run into in Dallas... Josh! Yea the very guy that is supposed to be picking me up at the airport in Alaska is in Dallas!!! It was way cool that we got to see each other earlier then expected and even share a beverage together, but thats where the fun stopped. My flight was delayed but not as much as Josh's so when it came time for me to fly out he handed me the keys to his car as he said that i needed to go take care of E and Maile for him as knew he was not making it back :(

Well as this story of planes, thunderstorms, and delayed flights continue I did eventually make it into Alaska just in time to be told that my bags were going to be hanging out with Josh and I won't see them for the next 24 hours. Oh on a side note isn't it ironic that the last 2 times I put my bathroom bag in my check luggage it didn't make it, hahaha yea I think I'll be carrying my soap like I used to.

Finally after searching the parking lot for hours I found the jeep, ( not really it was only 2 cars from the garage entrance but I thought it added to the story) then I was able to navigate to E's home and finally lay my head down after my 24 hour adventure.

Then 5 hours later when I woke up laying on the floor (apparently the air mattress that I have used here a few times before does not hold up as well as it used too, don't worry E it's fine and I'll fix it) I was reminded why I stepped out the door on this adventure.




Ok so it's not a picture of Maile but I am sure she will wake up soon and I can see her, tell then this is all you'll get ;)

Ok now let's see if this posts... Aloha!

No comments: