26 December, 2012

Mele Kalikimaka!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, I did! We ended up having a white Christmas here in Arkansas, and some might say that too many people wished for it... We got a foot of snow, yep you heard that right 12"! The bad part is that we had freezing rain before the snow and that caused the trees to be weighed down and that mixed with gusting winds caused the trees to fall and take out power lines. This morning the radio said about 250,000 homes in Arkansas were with out power. I was very lucky that I didn't lose power but my buddy did so he came over and we finished cooking his ribs at my place, and yes they broke da mouth!










Today I drove around just looking both the winter scenery as well as all the devastation from the falling trees.






Then I decided why not go for a hike as the state is basically shut down so that's what Brian and I did. First we took my generator over to another friends house to give him some power then we hiked Pinnacle and it was breath taking (and slippery!). I don't thing 10 people made it to the top today so it was pretty neat to see the untouched snow and ice covering the trees on top. I want to blame it on the snow but wow was I out of breath hiking to the top today... Oh well I guess I am getting a little older too, :)









Now I am back at home and relaxing and thought I should share this with everyone. Have a great rest of 2012 and know that I am doing well in Little Rock. Aloha!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very pretty. I miss snow.