26 September, 2010

Mosquito Pass



Well today I went for a 400 mile drive, I drove across Mosquito Pass in Colorado. This is the highest pass in Colorado that you can traverse both way (from Leadville to Alma), at the peak of the Pass it's 13,185 but you can go higher if the head up some of the other trails.



This was a blast! If the getting to use the Jeep as it was meant to be used was not enough the scenery was just breath taking, ok what little breath there is up above 13,000' :)




I saw mines (and not the kind I am used to in Afghanistan) lakes, old mining equipment and even some snow on top. Oh and the Aspen trees, WOW did I pick the right time to do this. I will have to upload the Aspen trees from my phone as the cameras battery died.

Any how just wanted to let you all know what I was up to this weekend.
Aloha!

No comments: